Monday, September 10, 2012
Social Media in the Fast Lane- Tech in 20
Following the Tech in 20 theme, my mini session was entitled, "Better than 20mph- In the Fast Lane with Social Media." I focused on how social media can be used to make teaching and learning more engaging and authentic. It also can serve to help faculty connect with other scholars and professionals worldwide to share ideas and research.
There were six important take aways for the audience:
1) Use relevant images and video to document authentic events.
2) Use analytics to track dissemination and distribution.
3) Use social media to tell personal and relevant stories.
4) Use social media to engage faculty and students.
5) Go local when using social media.
6) Go global when using social media.
I highlighted the value of using YouTube, Tweetdeck, and citizen journalism through CNN iReporting. Featuring real world examples combined with effective strategies and methodologies dramatically can show the true reach and dissemination of social media.
Posted by Unknown at 10:30 AM